THE FANTASTIC free event, “A Taste of Leyland” is back for its fifth year on Saturday 24 August – a perfect day out over the Bank Holiday weekend!
Supporting Leyland’s fantastic food businesses, a Taste of Leyland provides cuisines from around the world: British, Italian and Chinese, to name a few, as well as the usual array of cheeses, ales, and chutneys.
Find us at Leyland Market and Ecroyd Street car park between 11am and 5pm – it’s free entry and open to all.
There will be live music, a barbecue, children’s activities and countless stallholders selling amazing, fresh, local produce. The event is set to be another great family day out in South Ribble.
Councillor Aniela Bylinski-Gelder Cabinet Member Community Engagement, Social Justice and Wealth Building said, “A Taste of Leyland is such a wonderful event and really showcases Leyland culinary prowess.
“Now in its fifth year, the event is going from strength to strength and we should expect hundreds of people to join us at Leyland Market on Saturday.
“There are things to do for all the family and it’s a great opportunity to shop local – the perfect Bank Holiday day out!”
There will be many stalls at the event where you will be able to:
- Meet the Leyland in Bloom team;
- Dig in to crepes and waffles from Daisy Catering;
- Shop ‘til you drop with local retailers;
- Grab a burger from the market barbeque;
- Try a prosecco cocktail from Copa Fizz;
- Sample a beer direct from the brewers at Crankshaft;
- Listen to some of our finest local talented singers;
- Take your children on a fairground ride;
- Enjoy authentic noodles from Beijing Restaurant;
- Test your luck on the Town Team Tombola;
- Polish off a pizza from Flying Pig and;
- Create a story with Magical Story Jars.
There is also a chilli eating competition hosted by Dare U Foods for those of you brave enough to take part! 6-10 contestants will be welcome to face the chilli eating competition where contestants will sweat their way through several rounds, each increasing with heat a few thousand scoville ratings at a time. You can apply to enter the competition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date of birth and information about any food allergies you have. The chilli champion will be crowned with a certificate and a hamper filled with chilli related goodies.
More information about the event can be found on Facebook
www.facebook.com/ATasteOfLeyland or on Twitter at @VisitLeyland
Submitted by South Ribble Borough Council